Jesus left more than a few keys of the kingdom in the hands of his followers. He never intended that anyone would horde them, or intentionally deprive others of them for their own selfish gain. But starting with the first apostles, and then bishops, and then popes that is exactly what happened — people used the keys to keep others out instead of letting themselves in. Strange isn’t it that Peter and the others thought that the holy spirit Jesus had given them was of a better quality or granted them more power or authority than the holy spirit that came upon the thousands present who were converted by it at the feast of Pentacost?
Jesus warned, “You know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you, but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. Whoever desires to be first among you shall be your bondservant, even as the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
There is only one teacher — Jesus Himself.
He is the holder of the keys, and He freely gives them to all who are willing to accept them. It is His will that whenever we discover one, we share it. And so, here are just a few of His keys to His kingdom that I have discovered in my walk with Him.
Jesus Christ is God
- Jehovah God Created Heaven and Earth (Gen 1:1)
- Jehovah God Himself is and Always Has Been the Savior of the World (Isa 43:11; Hos 13:4; Isa 47:4; Isa 63:16)
- Jesus Christ is Jehovah God (Isa 9:6-7; Isa 7:14; Mt 1:23; Isa 25:9; Isa 40:3-5; Jn 1:1-14; Ps 33:6; 1 John 5:20)
- Jesus was Born of the Virgin Mary – the Divine Soul in a Mortal Body and Mind (Lk 1:35)
- By His Own Power Jesus Made Himself Fully Divine, Completely One with His Soul, so that After Resurrection and Ascension He Was and Always Will be Jehovah God All the Way Down Even to His Body, whose name we now know “Jesus Christ” (Jn 14:6; Lk 24:39; Jn 14:9; Jn 3:25; Mt 11:27; Mt 28:18; Rev 1:8-11)
- Jesus Christ is the Archetypal Human, in whose image and likeness we were made — and so to be human is to be Christlike(Gen 1:26-27)
- Saving Faith is Believing and Following the Life of Jesus Christ (Jn 3:36; Jn 15:4-5)
- Every Believer is a Priest (Exod 19:6; Jer 31)
- Every Person has an Individual, Direct, Unmediated Relationship with Jesus (Jn 15:15)
- Jesus Christ Made His Second Advent (1745 - 1770) when He appeared in Person to Emanuel Swedenborg and Commissioned Him as a Revelator (Jn 16:12-15; Mt 24; Rev 1-22) as the prophets had foretold
Only God Explains Truth With Authority
- The Written Revelations Given By God contain Divine Truth Itself (Jn 6:63; Mk 13:31; Lk 16:17)
- The Written Text of these Revelations Describes the Truth, but it is a Believer’s Living and Present Relationship with God that Prescribes Answers for Life (Jn 16:12; Mt 5:17)
- Every Believer Can and Should Search the Scriptures for God’s Eternal Message (Mt 7:7-8; Mt 21:21-22; Mt 23:25-26)
- The Ten Commandments (Exod 20:1-17) Summarize Civil, Moral, and Spiritual Law(Mt 22:35-40; Lev 22:31; Jn 14:15; Jn 15:10)
Every Person’s Life is Their Faith, and Salvation is God’s Ability to Bless, Correct, Improve, Restore, and Resurrect
- There is Only One True Faith that can save no matter what (Mt 16:16-18; Ephesians 4:4-13)
- Saving Faith is Complete Confidence in Jesus Christ and Trust that Everyone who Lives a Good Life and Holds a Proper Belief is Saved by Him (Jn 11:25; Jn 3:16)
- Doing God’s Will and Obeying God’s Commands are Required to Facilitate the Gifts of Faith and Salvation Even Though These Actions Do Not Cause a Believer to Deserve or Merit Heaven (Jn 3:27; Jn 15:4-8; Jn 13:17; Mt 13:23; Mt 7:24-26; Lk 10:27)
Salvation is God’s Purpose for Every Life, Because He Wants You to Succeed and Be Blessed like Everyone Else
- Heaven Isn’t Just a Destination After Death, it is a Quality of Life, Right Here, Right Now (Lk 17:21)
- In terms of Physics (position, velocity, and acceleration) – Heaven is a Velocity, not a position.
- Everyone Lives Forever One Way or The Other (Jn 14:19; Jn 11:25)
- Heaven is Full of People Who Love God and Love People Like God Loves Them (Mic 6:8; Lk 10:27)
- Hell is Full of People Who Love Themselves and the stuff they can own, control, and manipulate (Ps 9:17; Lk 12:5)
- Heaven and Hell are Both Eternal (Lk 16:26)
- Every Human Being is Created for Heaven but is Free to Reject it (Lk 17:21)
- People in Heaven are Married, One Man with One Woman, to Eternity (Mt 19:4-6)
Every Moment of Every Day, Jesus Christ is Using Everything that He has to Bless You
- All Humans Have Free Will in Spiritual Matters and so Determine The Network and Context of their Own Eternal Life by Their Lifestyle Decision For or Against Jesus Christ (Ps 54:6; Isa 1:16-17; Jn 8:31-36; Jn 15:14-16)
- Confessing Sins to Jesus Christ alone without another mediator, changing the decision for sin, giving back for the Damage Caused, and being Born Again to New Life in His Name is how we accept restoration, blessing, peace, and success (Jn 3:3; Jn 3:5; Lk 3:3-8; Mk 1:4; Mk 1:15; Lk 13:5; Lk 15:7; Mt 10:39; Ps 51:10)
Two Processes that Can Change You: Baptism and Holy Supper
- Christian Baptism Replaces Circumcision (Deut 10:16; Galatians 5:6; 6:15)
- Baptism is an Introduction to a Network and Context of Believers on Earth and in Heaven (Mt 3:13)
- Baptism is Full Immersion in Water in the Name of Jesus Christ (Mt 28:18-19)
- Baptism of Water is only a stepping stone so that a Person will be Born Again by the Spirit of Jesus Christ the living and only God (Jn 3:5; Mk 16:16)
- Jesus Christ is Present With, Redeems, and Opens Heaven to Those who want to walk with Him when they Take the Bread and Fruit of the Vine in His Name (Jn 6:51-56)
- Eating and Drinking with Jesus Connects the Believer’s Life with Jesus Christ and so renews their Freedom in Him (Deut 8:3; Jn 6:27)
- Grace is the immediate willingness of God to work with us no matter what
- Mercy is the empowered love of God that restores what was broken as we walk with Him in new life.
There are so many keys, these are just a few that have turned my life around. Take them, try them, and when God reaches into your life, like He has so many time in mine and takes these thoughts or others and makes them keys for you, keep a copy for yourself, but pass the original along to someone else in your life. Because it is only when we bring someone with us that any of God’s keys will open the door to eternal life.